Friday, January 4, 2013

Just read

My Heart Overflows with a Good Theme!
Psalm 45:1

King David, in the Psalms, wrote, "My tongue is the pen of a ready writer."  For what purpose do I begin a blog when so many other words have been written?  

I expect of myself to write for encouragement's sake, for my own sake, for your sake.  So much grief, so much sorrow, so much heartache.  But, who will tell of the Lord's grace still in operation?  I will.  

As 2013 begins, where is God's grace?

*My only son gets married tomorrow, January 5, 2013.  His bride, Anna, is the most excellent woman for my son.  We are going into this new life venture with Ryan and Anna with joy because they both have the Lord God as their guide, individually and collectively.  

*My father had pericardial effusion (fluid surrounding his heart) so the fluid pressure was keeping his heart from beating efficiently.  In two days, 12 pounds of fluid were removed from his body.  He is functioning normally again.  He told me his attitude toward his congregation (he is a pastor of a church) is better already.  Instead of getting mad at those who occupy the seats each week, he is reinvigorated to visit them to encourage them to live more like Christ.

*Both of my sisters are at my house to celebrate my son's wedding!

*Though our nation's Congress passed an anemic bill to avoid the ol' fiscal cliff, they did finally move on the thing.  So, the grace?  Our nation has a little time to push those we elected to collectively problem-solve how to make real change....namely, raise taxes on those making 250K +.  Why did the Congress not pass the 250K + measure and instead choose to raise taxes on those making over 400K?  Because all of the Congress would be affected.  The grace in that?  The reality of their hypocrisy is evident.

*If you can read this, you are blessed with sufficient visual acuity to read words, process each letter and space on the page, attach semantic intent to each with amazing fluidity and speed, all for the purpose of understanding another human's thoughts as expressed on your screen.

*You awoke this morning.  So, your autonomic nervous system is working sufficiently.

Good, good morning, my Lord!
Bret